Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Anniversary Memories

Everyone remembers their wedding anniversary (or at least they should). But who remembers their engagement date? Well I do. It was March 1, 1996. Fifteen years ago today. Easily one of the happiest days of my life...and now my younger brother is experiencing the same thing...on the same day! My mother called to inform me that my brother asked his lovely girlfriend to marry him today and she said yes. I'm very excited for them.

It's funny . I think back to that day and sometimes it feels like yesterday and other times it feels like a hundred years ago. The memory that is most cemented in my mind is the look on my wife's face when I got down on one knee in that little Italian restaurant and asked for her to share her life with me. It was part confusion and part amazement. "What is he doing?" morphed into "Oh my God! I know what he's doing!"  Luckily for me she got over her shock and said yes.

This is a long winded way of wishing my brother and his fiancee a long, joyous life together. If I were Jewish I would say Mazel tov. But I'm not so I say good luck!

immatureandold.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment