Monday, February 21, 2011

The Asscent

We got more snow today and the kids wanted to head to the local middle school to go sledding. So we did...or at least we tried. It may have been one of the shortest sledding excursions of all time.

A little climatic background. If you're not aware, we here in New England have received our fair share of snow this year. Over the past few weeks we've had some melting and re-freezing happen turning many sidewalks and driveways into skating rinks. I failed to take this into account when I set out to reach the summit.

As I led my family like a Sherpa upwards things began to go wrong quickly. I realized that under the 3 inches of powdery snow that had just fallen there lay a sheet of solid ice. This observation was all processed as I was falling on my middle aged ass. As I slid down the hill back toward my family I realized that Everest had nothing to fear.

Blood was shed on the mountain today. My pinkie suffered several lacerations and my ego was bruised. Very manly injuries for sure. My family laughed at me of course but I don't blame them. I deserved it.


http://immatureandold.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment