Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Summer Wind

I think my kids have had a fun summer. We've been to lakes, beaches, fairs and parks. We've played games, watched movies, kayaked and hiked. The kids have been to several camps and toured museums. It's been quite a whirlwind. I can't believe that it's almost over.

This summer has been pretty special for me since it's the first one I've had with the kids as a stay at home dad. It's been the 3 of us all day every day. Most days that's been a great thing - other days I've prayed for September to come quickly. What it hasn't been is boring.

So what am I going to do with myself when they go back to school in a few weeks? Maybe it's time to get working on that novel my wife keeps pushing me to write. That would beat the heck out of dusting and vacuuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment