Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anarchy in the U.S.


Never mind, here's the Sex Pistols, originally uploaded by jenX5.

Sorry for my absence faithful readers but I have been otherwise detained. We've been busy hosting our great friends and their three beautiful kids visiting from England. It was great but it showed me what having five little ones under one roof is like. In a word - ACTIVE. I may have forgotten how much energy 2 year olds have. And I never realized how much 4 and 5 year old girls argue. We actually had an incident at the beach where the two girls actually argued over rocks. They're quite plentiful here ladies. Enough for everyone! Meanwhile the 7 year old boys were busy unearthing fossilized dinosaur poop from the lake bed (or so they thought). Boys are like dogs, girls like cats. That's as simple as I can put it.

Despite the kid's bickering a good time was had by all. It was great to reconnect with our wonderful friends and have some adult conversation time. I was reminded during their visit about what a gift it is to have real, true friends. They used to live up the road from us in our old town but moved back to the U.K. shortly before we relocated. It was strange but it felt like some of our family had moved away. They were always over - for dinners, family birthdays, holidays. When they left I thought "You can't leave. You're part of our clan."

So now every time we meet a new couple my wife and I ask each other - "Are these are new best friends?" Sadly the answer has been no. But maybe that's OK. I hear the weather in England in November is lovely. Perhaps we plan a visit....

No comments:

Post a Comment