Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shave and a Haircut ... Holy Cow it is Two Bits!


When I lived in a major metropolitan area I got my haircut in a lovely men's salon. It boasted a TV at every chair, a cigar humidor and even ice cold draft beers for those who needed a mug of courage to get through their monthly trim. Consequently my haircut ran me $35 (tip included) every time I went. I accepted this as the cost of not looking like Frank Zappa.

Imagine my delight when I went to my "Village Barber" in our new town and discovered that the cost of keeping me looking pretty is a mere $10. Yup. 10 bucks! Look out Clooney because the J-Man might get trimmed little more often. So what if they only they only have 1 TV and I can't smoke cigars or drink beer. I have hair that grows as fast as a fertilized Chia Pet so I am saving my family tons of cash. Penny candy costs $2.00 these days for God's sake! I'm gonna squirrel away that $25 in savings per cut and I'll have a Caribbean vacation saved up in no time. Barbados here I come (perfectly coiffed I might add).

No comments:

Post a Comment