Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm Gonna Party Like it's 1999!



"I think you're 20-something"

This is what my son said to me after I asked him how old he thought I was. His sister piped up at that point:

"No, I think you're 40," she said with a devilish smile.

"No Elizabeth, Daddy's not 40. He's definitely 20-something."

At this point I was playing it close to the vest. The 40 guess rattled me but I stayed cool as a cucumber.

"OK Joey - 20 what?," I asked.

"Ummm...I think you're 26."

"Yeah Daddy, you're 26," his sister chimed in as a consensus was quickly reached.

I didn't dispute their conclusion. I certainly have the mentality and maturity of a 26 year old (if not much younger. Read the name of the blog people!)

What does this story teach us? Well, I guess it shows that young children have no concept of time. It also shows that my kids must be blind! Now, I look pretty good but 26 is a number of years (and pounds) ago. I guess I should revel in this inadvertent compliment. I have my kids teenage years ahead so I'm sure compliments moving forward will be few and far between. For now I'm gonna party like it's 1999 - when I was actually 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment