Sunday, November 13, 2011

Old Dog = New Tricks?

I graduated from college in 1994. Does that seem like a long time ago to you? If you're 60...probably not. If you're 20...yeah...that was like before the iPod was invented right? Right. In my mind it doesn't seem like a long time ago. Probably because I still feel like I'm 21. My wife can attest to the fact that I have the maturity level of someone in their early twenties.

OK so with that in mind who thinks this writer is crazy for entertaining the thought of going back to school? Who thinks this writer's wife should get a medal for not only tolerating but actually supporting this decision? She's pretty awesome. I hit the lottery with her. But that's a different post for a different day.

So...back to me. I ask you...what could have changed in the 17 years since I graduated from college? They still use books and conduct lectures led by professors right? The only difference I can foresee is that this time around I'll have a wife and kids along for the ride. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.

I plan I learning more about a program whereby I go to school for 13 months and at the end of it I graduate with my master's degree and my teaching certificate. If I decide to move ahead with it I'll be too legit to quit by June of 2013. Look out high school students of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment