Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Growing Up

Today was the first day that I sent both of my children on the bus to school. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal. My son is in 4th grade now. Been there done that...right? Wrong.

My daughter got on the bus for her first day of kindergarten today and my stomach just knotted up. As she looked at me through the bus window in the pouring rain (it was in fact pouring...not just hyperbole) I realized something. I realized that life keeps moving. Just yesterday she was born. Today she's in Kindergarten. Tomorrow she's off to college. Time stands still for no man. In my head 1995 was a few days ago. News flash - incorrect! In the words of the great David Byrne: "You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?"

Good question David. I don't have the answer. I don't think anyone does. Anyone who claims to is either delusional or trying to sell you something.

I'm proud of my kids. I'm excited to see them grow. Let's hope I continue to grow along with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment