Sunday, January 9, 2011

Suck it More Temperate Regions of America!


Hey San Diego (or Phoenix or Dallas or insert other sun shiny locale here) - Do you ever get to enjoy scenes like this? No, you don't. Take your 75 and sunny and shove it. We do that for a few weeks in May and then we move on here in New England. You know why? Because we bore easily. We need challenges. We like the change of seasons because we're adaptable and hearty. It keeps us on our toes. We have all kinds of crap to deal with what Mother Nature throws at us. We have rakes, snow blowers, lawn mowers...all sorts of gear up in this piece!

In New England we're like Batman (awesome) and all the temperate dwelling people are like Robin (boring) Instead of utility belts we have tool sheds. I actually had to shovel my way to my morning newspaper today. Some would say that sucks. I say it makes me a stronger person. It teaches hard work and delayed gratification.

Oh I suppose if I lived somewhere else I could slip on the flip flops and stroll to the end of the driveway to get my paper. But what kind of challenge is that? A few more inches last night and I would have had to fire up the snow blower to get to the end of my driveway. That's character building my friends.

Oh and San Diego did you notice the other thing in this shot...a covered bridge. We invented quaint here people! This particular place was so beautiful it nearly made me nauseous. After this picture was taken woodland creatures literally approached me and we soon befriended each other. A feast of nuts and grubs was enjoyed by all and I went home a happy New England man.

2 comments:

  1. Hysterical! Keep in mind - those pesky chipmunks can be fair weather friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a New England To Florida transplant I say.... nyah nyah! Nice blog though!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete