Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Time to Step up my Game


Yeah that's right - I'm not peeling my daughter's pears and therefore submitting her to the searing  4 year-old pain of eating the "black part". The black part being a bit of skin on a Bosc pear. Obviously this is a mild form of child abuse. Love the smiley face at the bottom of this note to soften the message from her teachers.

I've also been reprimanded for not cutting the crust off her sandwich...not cutting her sandwich into an X as she likes and then there was the great peanut scare of October when I received a phone call from the school to clarify whether my daughters sandwich had peanut butter on it - GOD FORBID. Allergies you know.

Editor's Note:  It was not peanut butter it was sunflower freakin' butter. I never knew you could make butter from tini tiny sunflower seeds but I guess you can - and it looks and smells like peanut butter. Too much in fact.

So I'm going to take this as a challenge. A challenge to construct the most PC, milk toast (is that allowed?), non-threatening lunch this Pre-K has ever seen. Since I'm not a very PC person can anyone offer any help?

No comments:

Post a Comment