Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ravioli Should Cost $30 a Pound


 In my never ending quest to make life harder than it needs to be, I decided to make ravioli from scratch the other day. When I say scratch I mean everything - the dough, the filling, the sauce, the meatballs to go with - everything. The meatballs and sauce I've done quite a bit so that was no problem.

The ravioli were another matter. It took my wife and I over two hours to get the ravioli set to boil. It was fun but I must say - not really worth the effort unless you're going to fill them with something fancier than the regular cheese ones we did. Maybe if you fill them with some yummy lobster it would justify the time. Otherwise you'd be better off getting them from the frozen foods section of your local grocery store. It pains me to admit that as a food guy but it's true. Next time I do homemade pasta I think I'll stick with spaghetti. 

Side note: Isn't this supposed to be a blog about being a stay at home dad? When did this become a food blog? The nuns always said I had trouble focusing. I'll try to provide some better insight moving forward. Can't promise anything though...

No comments:

Post a Comment