Friday, March 26, 2010

Wild Kingdom

OK. So I'm not exactly a photojournalist but here is evidence that I now live in the sticks. The first one is the rear end of a fox. I would have gotten a shot of his face but I was so stunned to see him trot out of the woods and past my car that I fumbled with the camera for a few seconds. Did I mention that he had something dead dangling out of his mouth? Wonderful. I think the last time I saw a fox was in a Disney movie.

The second shot is one of 2 exotic ducks that my neighbor is raising. You heard me. Pet ducks. They actually have a little shed next to their pond for them. A duck house I guess. The kids love 'em. They wander from my neighbors pond to ours throughout the day. Our black Lab watches them hungrily from behind our fence. I have nightmares that he'll escape one day, jump in the pond and rip their throats out.

"Hi, we just moved in next door. Really nice to meet you but I have some bad news. Sorry but our dog murdered your super-exotic probably really expensive ducks. I thought I'd bring them over in case you wanted to perform a ceremony or something. By the way, do you know a good pediatrician in town?"

1 comment: