Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Tide is High and I'm Holdin' On

How high's the water Papa? Well, it's not 2 feet high and risin' like the Johnny Cash song but it's getting there. As you can see Barbie decided to go for a dip. We don't even have swimwear for her. I'm so ashamed. I can't help but harken back to the words of my house inspector as he was looking around my soon to be new basement.

"Wow, looks great. Dry as a bone. No signs of previous moisture. I bet you'll never have a problem down here."

Wrong shit for brains. We've got problems. And not just mental ones. We've been in the house for 3 weeks and it looks like we're headed for insurance claim #1. My agent is going to love me. On top of that my son has asthma and allergies so I'm sure a swimming pool in the basement will have a great effect on his respiratory system. Shoot me.

I've called every place that would have a water pump and they've all told me the same thing.

"You're not the only one with water in their basement. We're all out of sump pumps."

Why am I not comforted by being in the majority?

3 comments:

  1. anbarce@ct.metrocastMarch 31, 2010 at 7:44 PM

    Hi Oldandimmature---great posting---very interesting--recommend you go after the home inspector before you contact the insurance company.

    Also, would like to edit your blog before you post it---affect should be effect.

    Guess sho???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anbarce. The change has been made. In my blind rage I erred in my usage. To be catty I will point out that you have a typo in your comment - foh sho.

    ReplyDelete