Friday, August 12, 2011

My Little Man...Not this Little Anymore


I love this shot of my son. Sometimes when I look at him this is still how I see him. However I can assure you that he's not this size anymore. He's 8 years-old and I just bought him a pair of size 6 sneakers for school. Size 6! What happened to my little boy? Some mornings he saunters downstairs I think he's bigger than the night before. Are the fertilizer fairies sprinkling him with their fairy dust at night or what?

How awkward will it be for me on the morning he comes down looking like Vin Diesel and I have to ask him why he came home so late the night before. I need to start doing some push ups. Perhaps some hot yoga or something. I gotta get buff before he can crush me with two fingers.

You know you shrink when you get old? It's a fact and I have that working against me as well.  It's a matter of time before I start looking like Mickey Rooney. Time is a cruel co-pilot.

The good news is that he's a gentle giant. I have that going for me...so that's nice. Plus he really loves his Mom so I can always call her in for backup if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment