Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stay-at-Home Anniversary

It recently occurred to me that I've been doing this no paying job/full time kid raising thing for a year now. A whole year and the kids don't seem emotionally damaged and our house hasn't been foreclosed on. Alright! In the words of the great Charlie Sheen - Winning!

I would like to send a big shout out to my wife whose back must be sore from carrying the financial weight this past year. She's been a trooper. She's endured long business flights next to stinky people just to have the pleasure of sitting in long business meetings (not clear if the people in the meetings were stinky). She's sacrificed way more than I have in our relatively new arrangement and I owe her for that.  

I just can't believe how fast time has passed. When I started this journey one of my fears was that it would feel like working the floor folding sweaters at the Gap - watching the seconds ticking by...tick...tick...tick - is it my break yet? No? I guess I'll just have to stand here and look busy for awhile longer..."Dave can you see my soul dying??"

It's been quite the opposite thankfully. My days have been full between the kids activities, keeping the house in order, doing chores, being awesome, etc. However I must say that these past few days have been a challenge with my daughter home from school sick. I've watched more cartoons than is healthy for an adult man. When you can sing the theme song to "Phineas and Ferb" it's time to walk away. Luckily she's on the mend and I'll soon be able to ship her back to school and get a smidge of me time back.

Wow...a year gone by. The time is fast approaching when I'll have to get a real job again. Yikes!!


Check out more of these inane ramblings at immatureandold.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment